Sunday 11 August 2013

MATT DAMON

Well, as another week wraps up at the house of Squirrel & Puffin, a whole heap of projects start to wrap up. The most important thing this weekend was that finally Squirrel and Puffin got most of the day off and got to go down to Angelsea for the most yummy fish and chips going around. We then returned to catch up with Puffins Dad and Pop (and the Sea Cucumber) who had cleaned up the rubble from the BBQ! So a huuuuuge thanks to them for that, that saves us half a day of work! 

Squirrel dashed around and got some touching up finished - here is the kitchen pantry door. I kinda love this. I have bedside tables that my Pa made that have slatted doors like this and I adore them. I've brought this door into this decade with a nice new brushed door knob.


And here is the man hole; which had been sanded back by the terrific Mr Bennett for me, since I was pretty close to just smashing this off the roof. Just got to sort out a new cover for it since we are at the moment using an old cake board. 


And below here is another shot of our new entertainment unit; thought I'd grab another shot in the daylight since last nights shot was pretty dark and the room looked a bit 'cold'.


And this was another shot from yesterday - Badger and Puffin battling with the new door stoppers.


And now to some imagined shopping!!! We tried to get a new (or a first, even) vacuum cleaner at Godfreys but they had sold out. We were after the one that was 99$, a Hoover, with free steam mop. If any of you want to buy it and anonymously send it to us, just Facebook me and let me know. K thanx bai. Anyway, since we weren't able to grab that, lets do some window(s 8) shopping.

This Wimbledon print from the London Transport Museum, rounghly $85.00 AUD, from here. Since Squirrel and Puffin went to Wimbledon last year and didn't really get any merch (though we did see Kate and Wills) I think this would be perfect in A1 size in the lounge room. 
Next is this TOO CUTE Puffin print from Etsy, link here, $44.72 AUD. This would live in a little vignette with an wooden ampersand (&) and my Squirrel money box!


And this double chest of drawers from Freedom. I love that we can have a side each, and the silver handles will really compliment my bed. $1199 from here.



Then there's this tablecloth from Etsy ($27.95) - I'm not going to have the time to re-finish the tabletop in the near future, so will need to get a jazzy tablecloth. I found this and a dozen other gorgeous ones from this Etsy store. 


Then this coffee table - again from Freedom. I have loved this from day dot. I keep checking ebay and Gumtree to see if anyone is getting rid of one cheaply - at $599 this bad boy isn't cheap.


Two more little loves from Freedom - this gorgeous quilt ($119), from here.


And this lovely big clock for the kitchen, $99, from here.






Which brings us to our final mention for quite some weeks - we're thinking of having a housewarming. Probably the weekend after the Melbourne Cup at this stage, hosting a BBQ and a few drinks. We're still trying to work out how on earth to hold 80+ people - perhaps a BBQ during the day and Pizza at night and people can pop by for either Lunch or Dinner? So hard. But we have 3 months to figure it out.


A little teaser for the next project (while we muck around in the meantime with planing down the doors and angle grinding the door knobs).... the kitchen plans....




It's locked in as of last Friday and we've tentatively been told the first week of September for delivery! 

So that truly, might be it for a while bloggers. I'll post anything I can, might be new curtains in the front few rooms, and a few other bits and pieces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment