Thursday 8 August 2013

Coo coo ca choo Mrs Robinson

Squirrel is now moving from Britany Spears crazy to full blown Syd Barrett crazy.


Who also shaved off his hair after a meltdown. Do you sense a theme here? I only wish my imminent meltdown was as a result of my musical talent, although, as Puffin points out, I have no musical talent whatsoever.  

But let's put that aside. Finally - the carpet has been laid!! And the split system is in! Although the latter is less of a 'finally!', than a 'huh, that got arranged quickly'. 


Before vacuuming. With Squirrels parents vacuum cleaner from the shed, affectionately known as 'Uncle Jack'. Unfortunately, this has only the one small nozzle so the vacuuming took a while. Looks like a vacuum cleaner needs to be purchased next! (donations are happily accepted!)


Master bedroom before vacuuming too. 


Office (Before vac)


Wood next to floorboards.


Spare bedroom (Before vac too)


Meerkat and Mumma bear giving the carpet a shoes off plushness test. 

I'm happy with the carpet - it feels lovely and plush; I'm still getting used to the 'look' though - I had gotten used to the floorboards and I am pro-floorboards. Also, in certain lights, the carpet appears blue? I'm telling myself that once there is furniture in there, and the curtains are up, the carpet won't be the feature any more. I think the issue is that the walls are a warm grey and the floors look (at the moment) a cool grey. Anyway. I'm sure it will be fine.

And you know what always makes Squirrel happy? Shopping! Bargains! 


This bunch of stuff for only $50! Digital scales, meat thermometer, measuring jug, baking dish and a jar for mini toiletries in the bathroom! Big thanks to Sam for the hot tip on the homewares store having a big ass sale! 


And then this unit from Gumtree- a Dare Gallery entertainment unit that we are picking up on Saturday night! For only $180. So wrapped.

We also had our electrician through today, the awesome Chris. We had a list a mile long but I think he's going to come up with the goods! Tomorrow there probably won't be a lot done at the house by Squirrel, unless Badger is around to help re-fit the doors. So Saturday will be the next big day, and will probably be the last of it until the kitchen goes in, in about a months time. 

Until then, bloggers, stay cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment