Thursday 26 September 2013

Then I got Mary pregnant.

And man that was all she wrote. Squirrel cannot wait to see the Boss with her Mum and Ezzy B! I was born in the USA! We go down to the river! And on the streets of Philly!! In her secret garden!! Oh. It's going to be cray cray.

Well bloggers, not much has been happening at the house of Squirrel & Puffin these last few weeks. Puffin is overseas with his Puffin family and Squirrel is starting to get towards the end of her uni year. Squirrel is writing part of this while watching the Singapore Grand Prix and dreaming of going there next year or the year after to see it. Squirrels dream for retirement is following the Grand Prix circuit around the world, but she doesn't know how this will happen. Even if it was just one year. All those gorgeous locations. All of that speeeeeeeeed. Yes.

Anyway. The couch arrived! Here it is with the gorgeous pillows picked up from Adairs at 30% off!



The awesome delivery guys set it up for us (thanks, Freedom!) but unfortunately set it up facing the wrong wall, and I wasn't strong enough to lift it on my own into the right position, but nonetheless I took my photos and my lord it is gorgeous! And comfortable! And the pillows looks awesome! But I think it needs a rug or something on there or another pillow up the other end? It will all probably make more sense once the room has some other things in it; prints on walls etc.

I'm happy with the colour of couch against walls, carpet, blinds etc. And I've come to a (somewhat important) decision. 

The style of the house.

I've always loved minimalistic, nordic sort of design. Unfortunately, given the age of the house and some of the un-removable features, I was not going to manage that here. What compounded that was Puffins refusal to have floorboards in the lounge room. Then I kind of toyed with industrial but again, the carpet did me in. 

So my theme is: blank canvas with bright pops of colour. Except the colour red as I hate it for interiors. 


Now, there need to be some thanks go out this week. The biggest thanks goes to my Uni - for awarding me a scholarship that paid off the balance of the couch and part of Steve's birthday present! And also removing a weight from my shoulders. My second biggest thanks, especially given that Puffin has been away, goes out to my girls at Uni. If any of you are reading this (especially Mia, Gabbi, Crystie, Alysha & Jameson) THANKYOU! For keeping me sane, helping me when I felt like I was drowning with this policy assessment, and for the gorgeous lunch that we had on Tuesday at the lake! And for the laughs. I love you girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment