Monday 2 September 2013

Help! (I need somebody) (Not just anybody).

HELP! 

Puffin called this morning to say that if our front door isn't pained within the week, it will be taken away by Pearcey! While we're 95% sure this is not a genuine threat, we've decided to take action. 



So this is, of course, the front door as we now know it. Excuse the poor photo, we're enjoying a gorgeous bout of sunshine at the moment and I didn't realise how glare-y this was on my phone.  Spring is amazing, you can smell and feel the change in the air and peoples moods. This time of year reminds me of being a kid, feeling the changes in the air, and getting excited; for the Melbourne Show is imminent. Bring on whole days lazing on the trampoline, pouring over the showbag guide, and working out which showbags I was going to spend my savings on.

As an adult, it reminds me that summer is coming, and makes me want to chuck on some shorts and a singlet top and get out there and enjoy it. Then I remember I'm about a sneeze away from being albino and am practically allergic to the sun. Then I also remember that wearing singlets is out anyway because I have a huge rack and the whole 'thick bra straps which support enormous rack' thing doesn't look very nice under singlets with spaghetti straps.

Anyway.

So there are actually two colours we need to decide - the door itself, and the trims for the rest of the house. 

So here is the first set of colors - the first photo is to show mid colour as trim, and door being dark, and the second photo is mid colour as trim and light colour for door. Then the same colours against the brick, and on the window. I don't think this is the colour set we will go for. I think it is too 'grey' for the brown bricks. But it's good to see a trio of colours on one card.







This is the second, and my favorite, set of colours. My preferred combo is probably the dark colour for trims and light for door - the house used to have a brown front door and brown fly-wire and was just a sad, brown, vortex of darkness; so I think I'm keen to keep the door a light colour (just not teal!)








And lastly, the thrird set. Which I'm kind of ambivalent about. Meh. Obviously, since I didn't take all of the photos I should have here. As with the first set, I think when you compare this to the brickwork, it's the wrong shade.


So what set is your fave, bloggers? My aim is to have a trim colour that sort of blends with the brickwork - I in no way want to make it a feature. So I want it to be in a similar tone. And a door that is light but not too light (Puffins request).

So... Help!!!





























2 comments:

  1. Cat and Jak (mostly Cat)5 September 2013 at 12:12

    Oh god. I never realised how much you had to consider and decide on when you purchased a house. In my head I just end up living in a house that is already perfect and I don't have to make any tricky choices about paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love getting your comments! I'm guessing you a)have a reprieve from assessments or b) have all of the assessments due and are procrastinating! I'm going to talk over the colours with Steve tomorrow morning and might, maybe, have the door painted by the end of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete