Tuesday 3 September 2013

Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way


You may have heard of the man last week in the UK (I think) who has been 'clinically' diagnosed with chronic lateness. What you may not have heard, is that this condition has also been observed closer to home, in the residence of Squirrel&Puffin. Anyone who knows Puffin knows that time keeping isn't one of his ... strengths. 

For that reason, Squirrel is making it her personal mission to ensure there is a clock in every room of Squirrel&Puffin. 

Squirrel has long entertained a love for clocks. There's something about the combination of functionality and typographic design that I just love.

This clock below, the Random clock by Progetti, from top3 by design, is something I have loved for years - and a couple years back I was lucky enough to receive it from Puffin for Christmas! (But the '7' came from the Sea Eagle).



It's going in the lounge room. So now I'm trying to find the perfect clock for the kitchen. 






Everyone loves a Mondaine clock, especially lovers of Swiss efficiency. And trains. This 40cm version is $440 off eBay. Yowzers. I think I'll just aim for a wristwatch version in a few years time. Which is probably the same price. Sigh. 







Now this one is gorgeous, and I think would look incredible with our white kitchen and floorboards. It is $134 from ebay - a bit more within the price range! 

A small collection of goodies but what do you think bloggers? Do you have any time keeping finds to show us?




2 comments:

  1. Cat and Jak (mostly Cat)5 September 2013 at 12:14

    These prolly aren't to your taste, but I think they are delightful, so I'm going to share them anyway!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignAtelierArticle?section_id=10953579&page=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm these are GORGEOUS!!! I adore the navy blue Sydney one, and the bright blue is lovely too! In fact, that whole shop is AMAZING!

    You'll be seeing these in your Etsy feed asap because I am favoriting those bad boys!

    ReplyDelete