Monday 2 June 2014

You see the signs - but you can't read!

I've spoken about it before bloggers, but I've done it again. I've gotten so stressed out that I'm sick. I've got asthma AND a chest infection which basically means that breathing of any sort is almost impossible.
This time was again, in conjunction with the finishing of uni for the semester (yay) but was likely compounded by the hitting of a kangaroo in my car which has written it off, meaning I'm up for a car loan for a new car.  How lovely! New car (yay) but new debt (not yay!).


This is four panels worth of damage - door, front quarter, bumper and bonnet. Plus central locking, front headlight and a bit of internal bruising - of the car! Myself and my lovely passenger Erin were quite o-k, though it did scare the hell out of us. Unfortunately due to the age of my car (a 1997 model) it was written off and I was essentially grounded at home for a week! Wah. Lucky I've got such a good family and Puffin to drive me around and help me out in the last week or so. 






So this is the new addition - a 2011 Ford Focus (early 2011 - the year held two different models). Low K's, plenty of mod cons, and a similar size drive to what I am used to. There will be a lot to get used to but I'm very happy with it! And yes yes I know you can get cheaper privately but I am utterly risk adverse - and this whole thing threw me enough already! Of course, I am now on university holidays - there is still plenty of paid work going on but I have a few projects in the works - we just need to get through the next week or so for things to settle down and I'll start posting again!

Much love bloggers, and I'm glad to still be in the land of the living and writing to you.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Woah. It's like the kangaroo took a can opener to your bonnet! There appears to be a bit missing. Where did it go, kangaroo? HMMMMMM?! I'm glad you weren't hurt! Car accidents are scary. I wrote off my car the day before I started at La Trobe. I also had a chest infection around that time. What a weird coincident... It's almost like stress totally screws your body and = illness. I do like the new car though! Does it have a name yet? My lovely little Jimny (which everyone bags me out about) is called Fitzwilliam. Best of names. I think you should call your car Darcy. See what I'm going for here?

    ReplyDelete