Friday 10 January 2014

I like big clocks and I cannot lie

Wow, our visitor count has pretty much EXPLODED thanks to Lindsey at Better After - So welcome to anyone who has landed here after checking out that wonderful blog. As a post-New Year wrap up, we thought we would show you around the house to see some of our pressies and goodies!



Our beautiful lounge featuring our new coffee table! Last one in stock at Freedom! We've also managed to wall mount the TV. This was more difficult than it perhaps should have been, as once the TV was mounted, the Sea Hawk announced that his phone had followed the cords through the wall and was most likely now living under the house. 
Which meant that Badger had to help Puffin get his headlamp on and mine for iPhones! Despite the look on Puffins face, he was in no way impressed with this new mission. 




We've also, finally, purchased our insulation! You may remember some months back we had to get rid of the existing insulation, as it was cancer causing (and budget ruining!). Well, with a week of 40+ degrees coming up, we will be slapping this down tomorrow morning! Big thanks to everyone who got us Bunnings vouchers over the past few months as this knocked a fair bit off the price for us! 


Here, behold, the Christmas present that I got for Puffin! No not the bed, though it is sexy. Nor is it the beautiful new Esprit doona cover (Thank-you Myer - all quilt sizes for $99!), no, for it is the incredible canvas print of Gunnamatta beach that I took over New Years 2012/2013. Cost only $100 thanks to a sale at Big W! 



 And just for interest, this is the canvas on the other wall - a photo of the Geelong foreshore at night. Note how I have taken this photo so you can't see the mess all over the floor? I took this photo a few years ago and Puffin had it blown up, also on canvas, for me as a little surprise!




Lastly, here, above our abundant fruit bowl (which includes home grown strawberries), Kitchenaide blender, new utensils jar, bamboo canisters that I got from Stac and some new Country Road trivets - is the Christmas present I received from Puffin - a beautiful big clock! 

As per our pre-Christmas list, the side tables and arm chair are currently under renovation but you will have to hold your baited breaths for another week or so to see the final product! 

Thanks for stopping by and we would love to hear from you!





3 comments:

  1. I've just discovered this blog thanks to Better After and it's great to find an Aussie renovation/house style blog! It's funny how seeing the post on Better After, I actually thought "That looks like an Aussie-style 70's kitchen", and so it was! Love the new tiles too. Are we able to subscribe to your blog by email at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Hazey Skye! It's great to hear from someone! I know what you mean about Australian reno blogs - so many that I read are US based and I see all these great projects and just think, 'where am I going to buy all of these things, and what are they called in this country?', haha! I've had a play around tonight and I think I've added a gadget to allow people to subscribe to email alters (or something?) when we do a new post! I hope this helps you - while I am an avid reader of blogs I must admit I just favorite them! Thanks again for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete