Sunday 27 October 2013

They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills.

Etsy is one of my favorite places on the interwebz. There is very little that this online marketplace doesn't offer - from vintage dresses to custom made leather wallets, it is heaven for someone who likes to be one of a kind. I've been putting together some of my favorite purchases for a while now, with the help of the beautiful Cat, who can always be counted on for a funny t-shirt, awesome print, and some really, really great geekery. 

Etsy is also the first place I visited when Puffin and I decided to throw... a house party! Unfortunately, it's not one of those, 'hey, let's invite everyone to a house party, but it's actually a surprise engagement!' parties. It's just a straight 'let's eat some meat and enjoy some beverages' kind of party. Drat.

There are many things for us to work out first, like...urgh, the invite list. How do people have parties without pissing people off because they weren't invited? By the same token, you can't invite everyone because, hello, money. 

While we work on a date, and if we're going to have a jumping castle or not (probably), and if we will offer a vegan option (probably not), here are some prospective invites! 



Puffin and I are big steak eaters. You just can't go past a thickly cut eye fillet, cooked medium rare (And boy, do I get it perfect every time. I dazzle myself, trully.) with a red wine jus (moreish with a hint of something sweet) and a creamy potato mash (boiled potato's passed through a ricer, mixed with butter, cream and a tiny bit of salt, oh god YUM). I doubt we'll be able to provide that level of gourmet-ness to everyone at the housewarming, we'll probably be more likely to be performing the 'Bunnings special' - over cooked sausages en masse. Invite from here. I really dig the reverse of these being red and white check, like a picnic, by the way.





Bright, happy, cute. Just like Squirrel and Puffin. Invite from here





Oh, Aztec, you are SO in right now. This is actually a hens party invite (I think) but could easily be re-purposed for a housewarming. Invite from here





This reminds me of the opening cartoon sequence of Grease, with the birds doing her hair. Oddly specific reference provided for free. Invite from here





Minimalist chic - but retaining individualism. Invite from here





You know what's also in? Mason Jars. Everyone loves Mason Jars. Don't ask me what Mason Jars are or where they come from, I have no idea. I just see them on Pinterest. Invite from here





Lots of info with some cute fonts. Invite from here





Oh! Vintage keys! Yes please! We'd have to sub out the 'we have moved' since it's technically the first move, but nonetheless, the invite can be found here.



So bloggers, which one is your favorite? And do you have any tips for inviting people? What is the golden rule? 


4 comments:

  1. Cat and Jak (mostly Cat)27 October 2013 at 22:39

    'Unfortunately, it's not one of those, 'hey, let's invite everyone to a house party, but it's actually a surprise engagement!' parties. It's just a straight 'let's eat some meat and enjoy some beverages' kind of party. Drat.' Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! Aw. :(

    Aztec or mason jars! I likewise have no idea what mason jars are. I just like the bunting on the invites. Ah, bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I love bunting. When you see rainbow coloured square bunting out the front of a house, what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat and Jak (mostly Cat)28 October 2013 at 20:08

    Rainbow coloured square bunting? I would say it means that there is happiness and parties and joy (oh, my!) inside that house. Also, looooooooove the most recent picture of the kitchen! It looks awesome! Especially those hanging science lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha FOR SCIENCE! We're going to use them for making meth if we run out of money. And It's going to look even butter once I've touched up all the paintwork and tiled that splashback!!

    ReplyDelete